Friday, June 12, 2009

Hopes and Dreams



The 4th graders voiced out what they wanted in life in a session on Hopes and Dreams that I had with them. Some of them told me they don't know how to speak in English. I assured them they would learn. Here's what some of them wrote:

  • I wish that my old classmates and friends are safe.
  • I want to be an "accounter" in a bank someday.
  • I want to have new friends in school.
  • I wish we could have a new house because our old one burned down.
  • I hope I can finish College so I can send my brothers and sisters to school.
  • I wish that Food for Hungry Minds can teach more children about good manners.
Most of the children asked for help in saying what they wanted to say, but this last one, surprisingly, was written without any help.

"I want to be a principal like Teacher Candice so I can lead all the children and the teachers."

This definitely made my day! Yippeee! :)

2 comments:

  1. i hope you will continue helping poor people like your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! Ms. Candy. This is Jolimar. How are you guys there MRS. Maricel and Gladys....I miss being one of the students in Foodforhungryminds.......I hope to see you guys again...

    ReplyDelete